-
Customized desktop should be restored with myconf or home
I have noticed that knoppix always overwrites the standard desktop icons on startup. I have setup a box for a friend who is a very novice in Linux. So I deleted some unneded desktop icons and renamed partition and drive icons. After a reboot with "home=scan and myconf=scan" these settings were overwritten with the old settings and the deleted icons were on the desktop again. I think it would be good to have an option to keep all desktop settings. For example a boot manager option or to skip the desktop icon creation on startup when the option myconf is present.
-
Re: Customized desktop should be restored with myconf or hom
I've been having the same problem. I wasn't sure of the correct way of modifying it. However, I found the script that does it -- /usr/bin/mkdesktophdicons, and replacing it with an empty script works.
I also found two scripts that calls it: /etc/init.d/knoppix-hd-autoconfig and /etc/hotplug.d/ieee1394/rescan-scsi-bus.sh
Similar Threads
-
By ioclaudio in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-27-2005, 11:24 AM
-
By Harry Kuhman in forum Ideas
Replies: 16
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 10:57 PM
-
By semolina in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-07-2004, 04:03 PM
-
By Darkehorse in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 14
Last Post: 08-01-2003, 07:16 PM
-
By archtron in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-19-2003, 05:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz 8 Core Processor
$85.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00

Intel Core i7-7700 SR338 3.6GHz 4-Core LGA 1151 Kaby Lake CPU Processor - Good
$39.99

Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU
$39.99

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4
$169.95

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99