-
Customized desktop should be restored with myconf or home
I have noticed that knoppix always overwrites the standard desktop icons on startup. I have setup a box for a friend who is a very novice in Linux. So I deleted some unneded desktop icons and renamed partition and drive icons. After a reboot with "home=scan and myconf=scan" these settings were overwritten with the old settings and the deleted icons were on the desktop again. I think it would be good to have an option to keep all desktop settings. For example a boot manager option or to skip the desktop icon creation on startup when the option myconf is present.
-
Re: Customized desktop should be restored with myconf or hom
I've been having the same problem. I wasn't sure of the correct way of modifying it. However, I found the script that does it -- /usr/bin/mkdesktophdicons, and replacing it with an empty script works.
I also found two scripts that calls it: /etc/init.d/knoppix-hd-autoconfig and /etc/hotplug.d/ieee1394/rescan-scsi-bus.sh
Similar Threads
-
By ioclaudio in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-27-2005, 11:24 AM
-
By Harry Kuhman in forum Ideas
Replies: 16
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 10:57 PM
-
By semolina in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-07-2004, 04:03 PM
-
By Darkehorse in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 14
Last Post: 08-01-2003, 07:16 PM
-
By archtron in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-19-2003, 05:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

DKB MegAChip for Amiga 2000/500 2MB Chip Ram expansion with 8375 Agnus Tested
$285.00

Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000
$40.00

✅ Chip for Commodore Amiga ⭐ CSG 8372A 318069-02 ⭐ FAT AGNUS ⚡️
$67.14

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$219.00

Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested
$999.99

Commodore Amiga 3000 Computer 25MHz '030, 6MB, BlueSCSI, Mouse & Keyboard
$2399.99

AMIGA Commodore A1200
$999.99

Vintage Commodore 1702 CRT Video Monitor 1984 for C64 Amiga Retro Gaming Tested
$300.00

Vintage Amiga Perfect Sound Digital Sound Sampler With Adapter Untested
$100.00

Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99