Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Customized desktop should be restored with myconf or home

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    35

    Customized desktop should be restored with myconf or home

    I have noticed that knoppix always overwrites the standard desktop icons on startup. I have setup a box for a friend who is a very novice in Linux. So I deleted some unneded desktop icons and renamed partition and drive icons. After a reboot with "home=scan and myconf=scan" these settings were overwritten with the old settings and the deleted icons were on the desktop again. I think it would be good to have an option to keep all desktop settings. For example a boot manager option or to skip the desktop icon creation on startup when the option myconf is present.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2

    Re: Customized desktop should be restored with myconf or hom

    I've been having the same problem. I wasn't sure of the correct way of modifying it. However, I found the script that does it -- /usr/bin/mkdesktophdicons, and replacing it with an empty script works.
    I also found two scripts that calls it: /etc/init.d/knoppix-hd-autoconfig and /etc/hotplug.d/ieee1394/rescan-scsi-bus.sh

Similar Threads

  1. How to test my customized Knoppix without burning it
    By ioclaudio in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-27-2005, 11:24 AM
  2. customized cheat codes
    By Harry Kuhman in forum Ideas
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 10:57 PM
  3. Customized CD - problems with USB & PS/2 mouse
    By semolina in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-07-2004, 04:03 PM
  4. DOS WIN32 customized Knoppix?
    By Darkehorse in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-01-2003, 07:16 PM
  5. Copying my customized /home/knoppix in boot time
    By archtron in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-19-2003, 05:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Atari 800 XL 8-Bit Computer W/ Blue LED And S Video A/V Cable  picture

Atari 800 XL 8-Bit Computer W/ Blue LED And S Video A/V Cable

$155.00



Atari 1030 Modem, Adapter, 13-Pin S10 I/O Data Cables, Manual (attached). picture

Atari 1030 Modem, Adapter, 13-Pin S10 I/O Data Cables, Manual (attached).

$95.50



Happy 1050 Upgrade for Atari 1050 Disk Drive - Solderless Installation - HS/DD picture

Happy 1050 Upgrade for Atari 1050 Disk Drive - Solderless Installation - HS/DD

$49.97



VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works picture

VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works

$148.75



ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED picture

ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED

$250.00



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on picture

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on

$255.00



Vintage ATARI SF314 DS/DD 3.5

Vintage ATARI SF314 DS/DD 3.5" External Drive TESTED but can't read/write disks

$69.99



Atari 1050 Floppy Disk Drive Tested With All Cables Power And Data SIO In Box picture

Atari 1050 Floppy Disk Drive Tested With All Cables Power And Data SIO In Box

$200.00



GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats picture

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats

$35.00