Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Boot from HD question

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    8

    Boot from HD question

    Hello,

    I want to boot Knoppix 3.4 from hard-disk. I read the Howto's but I'm still not sure on how to do it. I understand I need to have on a partition with the KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX file, and also all these autorun.bat etc. files, and I need a boot directory containing miniroot.gz and vmlinuz and maybe System.map as well.
    after I get the files there I need to configure LILO.

    Is this correct?
    Also I don't understand where to get the miniroot.gz file from.

    Thanks,

    Oded.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    8
    Ok, I figured out that in Knoppix 3.4 miniroot.gz is called minirt24.gz

    Thanks,

    Oded.

Similar Threads

  1. disk boot question
    By jasonpinko in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-06-2005, 12:20 AM
  2. Question about Knoppix boot?
    By JT13 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-28-2005, 03:24 AM
  3. Boot up question
    By adamherb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-02-2005, 04:07 PM
  4. Another non-boot question
    By neofile in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2004, 01:21 AM
  5. Boot question.
    By PhantomOSX in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-26-2003, 12:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



Full Version MS Office Professional Plus 2021 - 64-Bit Flash USB Drive Install picture

Full Version MS Office Professional Plus 2021 - 64-Bit Flash USB Drive Install

$59.99



TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW picture

TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW

$22.00



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick

$165.90



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$99.00