-
panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to Kernel
hi
what this means:
"panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to Kernel"
help pls.
-
Re: panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to Kernel
Salve berdy!
>what this means:
>"panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to Kernel"
What is the context? When you got this message with booting Knoppix
from CD, is this not good ...
If you booting with lilo and got this message, your lilo.config
was not complete. There must stand "init=/etc/init"
So please tell more, to help you better....
rob
-
hi rob, thanx for reply.
so, when i'm booting from CD in the end it says that "panic: no init found. try passing init= option to kernel" and nothing like "init=/etc/init" and thats it. whats wrong? what should i do?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Your CD may be bad.
Boot up with:
knoppix testcd
and have knoppix check your cd, if it's OK, then maybe try it on another computer.
HTH
rock
-
I get the same error, i dont see any init= cheatcodes anywhere, i tried failsafe, lang, various other combinations.. After several write errors, it ends in kernel panic and the same as the first msg in this thread. The cd is good, my third one ive burned and tried, and using another computer is not an option. Any ideas?
-
bleh, the mirror i downloaded the iso from didnt have the current version, so i got 5/20/03, instead of 6/06/03 >
, trying again with current..
-
I'm getting this error too
-
Senior Member
registered user
I'm seeing the same; I've now tried with 3 different 3.2 versions, to no avail
See my other thread at http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3914#18278
If someone has found a work-atound, I'd be grateful to hear about it!
-
I'm seeing the same error, and I believe (at least in
my case) it is due to not having enough memory. I'm testing
on a board with only 16Mb of RAM.
Looking back through the logs, I see
Creating directories and symlinks on ramdisk...
followed by
No space left on device.
Looks like the ramdisk fills, and so we end up with
an invalid root disk layout.
Guy.
-
I've downloaded from a few different sites around the world (all English versions). There are two different ISOs, both dated the same day.
KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-07-25-EN.iso
and
KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-07-26-EN.iso
but both dated teh 27th. Each gives me the error on boot:
"Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel"
If the ISO is bad, all the current 3.2 mirrored ISOs are bad. I've tried these CDs on 8 different computers, from Dells and Gateways, to homebuilt clones. Makes no difference what I type to try to pass parameters to it.
Even failsafe has the same error.
This is not a bootable CD.
Hoping for the next (hopefully functional) version.
Similar Threads
-
By Haslemer in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-03-2005, 08:39 PM
-
By ManiOne in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-11-2004, 11:36 AM
-
By MrAhmad in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 9
Last Post: 01-20-2004, 08:23 PM
-
By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-23-2003, 12:01 AM
-
By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99