-
Senior Member
registered user
Stealth, your proposed method does indeed work. I have followed it before, with good results, as have a number of other people. In fact, when I decide to set up dual booting and HD install again, I will definitely do so using that method. See this thread for what I basically did.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...?p=19455#19455
But stuart_b's idea is very good also, and does offer some advantages, not the least of which is having clean installs of both OSes on one drive, with data on the other. In my case, I bought a ready-built PC which had everything preinstalled, but no XP disk. It has a partition to recover everything back to factory defaults, but it will probably take me days just to reinstall all the XP patches!!! Not to mention nuking out the adware and stupidware, and then all the apps will be reinstalled and registered on the original disk - Caramba!! Believe me, if I had all original disks for XP and the apps that I want, I would probably follow stuart_b's suggestion. But I don't and I won't.
JD
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung MLT-R116 Imaging Unit Xpress M2625 M2675 M2825 M2875 M2885 M3015 OEM NEW
$49.99

SAMSUNG 990 EVO PLUS 1TB PCIe 4.0 x4/ 5.0 x2 NVMe M.2 2280 SSD (MZ-V9S1T0B/AM)
$189.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00

Samsung 2TB 9100 PRO 14,700MB/s PCIe 5.0 x4 NVMe M.2 2280 SSD (MZ-VAP2T0B/AM)
$399.49

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra
$13.99

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99

Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD
$59.99

Samsung XE303 C12 Chromebook 11.6 1.7GHz, 2GB Ram, 16GB SSD, working condition
$42.00

QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black
$500.00