the filesystem is msdos, so the code is:Bye.Code:mount -t msdos -o loop file.img /mountpoint
SANTA. (Spain)
as I understand it, to edit the contents of the boot.img you
but for me that returnsCode:mount -o loop boot.img /mountpoint
- mount: you must specify the filesystem type
now, when using the loop option I've never had to specify a type before and I think I've tried ever -t parameter there is. or maybe I haven't.
what am I missing?
the filesystem is msdos, so the code is:Bye.Code:mount -t msdos -o loop file.img /mountpoint
SANTA. (Spain)
I realised soon after posting that I was lacking the msdos file system support in my kernel.
there goes my supposed gentoo wisdom credability.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY
$89.00
128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$378.00
Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro
$189.99