-
knoppix 1st time user..
ive downloaded knoppix and burned the iso in the cd. I can boot perfectly from the cd but the problem is when i try to open mozilla it says that it failed to initialize, I can however load konqeror without problem. When I open openoffice, the logo just pops up and nothing happens. The logo stays there until I close it. Any ideas guys?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Faulty cd .
Download another one ..
And this time try to burn the cd at lower speed ...
Older cd drives can give this strange phenomena's too ..
If ya wanna be sure the cd is allright type this at boot :
knoppix testcd
for more cheatcodes look on the knoppix main download mirrors from where you got the iso.
Hope this'll help
-
faulty cd? i see... Do i have to download another one or just burn another one at a lower speed? It took me a while to download it...
after i burn at a lower speed, ill type "knoppix testcd" on the console after i boot using knoppix?
-
Junior Member
registered user
I think you type "knoppix testcd" at the boot prompt, before Knoppix starts to load.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Could be a faulty CD:
I think you type "knoppix testcd" at the boot prompt, before Knoppix starts to load.
Yes.
Or it could be a faulty download in which case you need to download the md5sum and check it.
-
before knoppix starts? I dont remmember having a boot prompt before knoppix starts to load, when I insert the cd it just displays a lot of text then starts knoppix. Where can I get md5sum? Btw, i downloaded the knoppix here in one of the mirrors.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Are you using the latest version, 3.4? If so you should see a black screen with the Knoppix logo and at the bottom left it says "Boot: " you then type knoppix checkcd and hit return.
-
oh i see... i may have missed that cause sometimes I just keep pressing enter when I thought the computer has hang. Yup, Im using the latest version. Where can I get the md5sum?
-
Junior Member
registered user
On one of the FTP's that hosts Knoppix. http://www.knopper.net/knoppix-mirrors/
The first mirror worked for me. You need the file named "KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-17-EN.iso.md5"
-
ok, ill try those things and see if it works. Thanks for the help guys.
Similar Threads
-
By GaTk in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-30-2005, 10:16 AM
-
By Marky in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-01-2004, 09:54 AM
-
By SunnyB in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-09-2004, 02:02 PM
-
By Nightshade7676 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-07-2003, 11:37 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-18-2003, 12:22 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99