-
Junior Member
registered user
Ok, I got the floppy to work and I can now save the config to it. That's taken care of.
Now, when I type "sudo fdisk -l" into the konsole I get this:
knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$ sudo fdisk -l
Disk /dev/sda: 10.0 GB, 10000005120 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 1215 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/sda1 * 1 5 40131 0 Empty
/dev/sda2 * 6 1215 9719325 b W95 FAT32
Disk /dev/hda: 122.9 GB, 122942324736 bytes
240 heads, 63 sectors/track, 15881 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 15120 * 512 = 7741440 bytes
Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/hda1 * 1 15881 120060328+ 7 HPFS/NTFS
So it looks (to me) that it can see the iPod, but when I try and save the home dir to it tells me "The KNOPPIX configuration could not be saved: mount: wrong FS type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda, or too many mounted file systems."
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hmmmm. I'm still confused by the umpteen sda(?)entries.
Apple are strange folk, but is the disk really 4 seperate partitions? How does it appear in other OSs?
My Neuros appears as 1 partition with a number of seperate directories ( a flat structure, except for the /music which has seperate sub directories).
-
Junior Member
registered user
I don't know how many it is in XP (how do I check that?). It does show up as 1 drive F: in WinXP though.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Yeah, I meant one drive (with one partition). If all the directories you expect are on that drive, that would seem to be what it is.
I wonder if Knoppix isn't picking up your usb hub correctly?
Similar Threads
-
By jan4 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-27-2005, 03:35 PM
-
By zawi in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-18-2005, 04:05 AM
-
By hampton275 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-22-2004, 06:27 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-06-2004, 01:48 AM
-
By PatrickH in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-01-2004, 07:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

Intel Core i7-6900K SR2PB 8-Core 3.20GHz CPU LGA 2011 (Socket R)
$60.00

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98

Dell OptiPlex 7060 Intel Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 8GB RAM 256GB Windows 11 Pro FAST
$159.99