-
Remastered CD cannot boot on certain machines
Hi dear community,
I've remastered KNOPPIX with my own settings. It is based on Knoppix 3.4.
The original Knoppix ISO and my remastered one has been burned using the same CD-writer and CD brand. The problem is that I can boot Knoppix 3.4 from that CD without problems in many different computers, but the one I've remastered only boots on certains computers. It is not a matter of the CD reader, since I moved one from a machine that booted to one that didn't boot and it doesn't boot yet.
I think the problem is in the BIOS, but I cannot understand why Knoopix ISO works well and not mine. About boot files, I just modified logo.16 and boot.msg, but the rest remains equal to base.
Hmmm, this is challenging... any ideas?
Thanks!
pendrag.
-
Hello pendrag,
I have the same problem: the remastered CD only boots on some computers.
My "solution": after creating the 700 MB Knoppix file (before creating the CD iso image) I copied again everything in /cdrom/ to /mnt/hda1/knx/master/ except the 700 Mb KNOPPIX file.
Now it boots on all computers.....
very crazy....
-
Thanks a lot, I will try.
But I DO want to modify some files there (logo.16, boot.msg, index.html, etc.). Must be a rational answer to do this, don't you think so?
Regards.
-
Hello pendrag,
I had the problem without changing the files logo.16 etc. I only removed some packages, so I only changed KNOPPIX.ISO.
Perhaps some computers have a problem, if the directory /boot/isolinux is "to far away from the beginning of the CD".
This is not the rational answer You are looking for.....
-
Yes, I've had many issues with isolinux. It's too bad syslinux can no longer be used.
- Ambrose
-
But do you have any suggestion to avoid these kind of situations?
Similar Threads
-
By DunkyB in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-18-2005, 02:49 PM
-
By Yuriy in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-06-2004, 11:37 AM
-
By cottlestonpie in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 07-14-2004, 02:22 AM
-
By mwagner_00 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-07-2004, 11:12 PM
-
By bhaskar in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-08-2004, 07:12 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module
$89.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C Dual 25GbE SFP28 LP | 20NJD
$25.00

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

New Open Box Lot of (5) Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10Gig Transceivers 10-3105-01
$84.99

HP 557SFP+ ETHERNET 10GB 2 PORT 792834-001 788991-001 HIGH LOT OF 10
$70.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00