-
Senior Member
registered user
Losing Control Of The Mouse
Hi;
I installed Knoppix 3.1 to the hard drive of a new computer.
Its a custom built machine with a Pentium 4 CPU that came with an "Intel
Desktop Board d845PESV" motherboard ( also the name of the chipset on the
mother board ).
When I log out of a desktop/window manager(icewm,gnome,kde) and return to
a gui lilo dialog I lose control of the mouse.
No matter how much I move my mouse I can't make the caret/cursor/pointer
on the screen move.
I can temporarily fix this problem by rebooting X windows by pressing
Ctrl-Alt-Backspace.
I would like to fix this problem permanently.
Any ideas on how to do this?
Thanks in advance
Steve
( this question has been posted to the forums at knoppix.net and
comp.os.linux).
Similar Threads
-
By nishtya in forum The Lounge
Replies: 16
Last Post: 10-26-2004, 04:45 PM
-
By jbrush in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-15-2004, 12:29 AM
-
By electronicjason in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-26-2003, 06:09 AM
-
By FelixDzerzhinsky in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 12:14 AM
-
By xeerex in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-08-2003, 07:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

FLASHFORGE 3D Printer AD5X Multi-Color IFS Auto Refill High Speed Printing US
$349.00

Lot of 11 USB flash Drives, Various Memory
$30.00