Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: rawrite and floppy boot disks

  1. #1
    James
    Guest

    rawrite and floppy boot disks

    I followed the instructions in the FAQ for making an english boot disk, but after I type
    'rawrite2 -f boot-en.img -d A'

    my pc just sits there. I'm using XP does that matter? I tried from windows, from dos mode and from an old win98se dos boot disk, all the same? Is there something I'm doing wrong?

    Any help/advice appreciated.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Do you have the rawrite executable in the same directory as the .img file? If not, create a new folder, put BOTH rawrite.exe & your_image.img into it and run it from there. As I recall (it's been a while) It should ask you a few questions when it runs.

  3. #3
    James
    Guest

    Image on disk

    Thats what I thought too, I think my image has been incorrectly burned so I'm downloading again. I'll try again then and see what happens.

  4. #4
    James
    Guest

    Floppy boot disks

    I have now downloaded the ISO again, turns out that there was a problem with my original download. I have now got the floppy disk working fine.

    Cheers all

    James.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3

    floppy boot disk

    are there instructions if I can not change the bios to boot from the CD?

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Just make sure the cd is in the drive and boot with the floppy.

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Oak, Michigan USA
    Posts
    199

    Re: floppy boot disk

    Quote Originally Posted by rbsee
    Are there instructions if I can not change the BIOS to boot from the CD?
    I'm gonna quote monkymind on this one:
    Have you tried booting the CD with Smart Boot Manager
    http://btmgr.sourceforge.net/
    Someone on this board mentioned it a while back and I now use it extensively for booting CDs on old PCs. BTW you can use it on a floppy or install it on the HD.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix wont boot with boot floppy
    By proto in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 11:29 PM
  2. Boot Disks
    By bftet in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-17-2004, 03:02 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2003, 07:19 AM
  4. Boot knoppix withough Floppy and CD boot
    By Dan_Netwalker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-23-2003, 01:40 AM
  5. how to get lvm disks to work?
    By sireasoning in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-25-2003, 10:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$39.99



D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord picture

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord

$49.99



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$22.00



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears picture

TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears

$99.99



~NIB~ Netgear GS728TPP-300NAS V3 24 PORT GIGABIT POE MNGD W. 4 SFP PORTS picture

~NIB~ Netgear GS728TPP-300NAS V3 24 PORT GIGABIT POE MNGD W. 4 SFP PORTS

$349.95



Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP picture

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP

$127.00