-
rawrite and floppy boot disks
I followed the instructions in the FAQ for making an english boot disk, but after I type
'rawrite2 -f boot-en.img -d A'
my pc just sits there. I'm using XP does that matter? I tried from windows, from dos mode and from an old win98se dos boot disk, all the same? Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Any help/advice appreciated.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Do you have the rawrite executable in the same directory as the .img file? If not, create a new folder, put BOTH rawrite.exe & your_image.img into it and run it from there. As I recall (it's been a while) It should ask you a few questions when it runs.
-
Image on disk
Thats what I thought too, I think my image has been incorrectly burned so I'm downloading again. I'll try again then and see what happens.
-
Floppy boot disks
I have now downloaded the ISO again, turns out that there was a problem with my original download. I have now got the floppy disk working fine.
Cheers all
James.
-
floppy boot disk
are there instructions if I can not change the bios to boot from the CD?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Just make sure the cd is in the drive and boot with the floppy.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: floppy boot disk

Originally Posted by
rbsee
Are there instructions if I can not change the BIOS to boot from the CD?
I'm gonna quote monkymind on this one:
Have you tried booting the CD with
Smart Boot Manager
http://btmgr.sourceforge.net/
Someone on this board mentioned it a while back and I now use it extensively for booting CDs on old PCs. BTW you can use it on a floppy or install it on the HD.
Similar Threads
-
By proto in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 11:29 PM
-
By bftet in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-17-2004, 03:02 AM
-
By law_student in forum Ideas
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-22-2003, 07:19 AM
-
By Dan_Netwalker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-23-2003, 01:40 AM
-
By sireasoning in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 01-25-2003, 10:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$89.99

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99