-
Senior Member
registered user
Half duplex on my ethernet card
Hey gang. I got a hdd installed knoppix 3.3 which is dual booted with win98. I've been noticing that under knoppix while web browsing with either konqueror or mozilla, web pages seem to load a lot slower than they do under win98. Then one day while watching the bootup messages whiz by I noticed that knoppix is configuring my lan card at half duplex. Win98 makes it full duplex. That would explain the difference in speed since I'm accessing the internet through a server which is hung on my lan. How can I get knoppix to configure my linksys lan card to full duplex?
Thank you all in advance.
P.S. It occurred to me that I should provide the boot messages in question, so here they are:
eth0: Setting 100mbps half-duplex based on auto-negotiated partner ability 40a1.
eth0: Setting 100mbps half-duplex based on auto-negotiated partner ability 40a1.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I have the very same problem and though about the half-duplex issue, too. How can I/we make network cards to run full-duplex?
Similar Threads
-
By userwaldo in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-14-2005, 06:41 PM
-
By userwaldo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 06:06 PM
-
By djmihow in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-28-2004, 07:51 PM
-
By T0N in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-08-2003, 02:18 AM
-
By Koji-Kabuto in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-20-2003, 04:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper QFX5120-32C-AFI 32x100GbE Switch Dual AC Airflow In, Rail Kit Included
$8150.00

Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS
$8199.99

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99