I have a Knoppix CD, 3.3 and when I boot it, I do not see any kind of command prompt, just some stuff in German telling me about Knoppix and linux. No instructions on how to get started.
How do I get started?
Thanks,
Kent (the worrier)
I have a Knoppix CD, 3.3 and when I boot it, I do not see any kind of command prompt, just some stuff in German telling me about Knoppix and linux. No instructions on how to get started.
How do I get started?
Thanks,
Kent (the worrier)
Quick start: You should see a prompt that reads boot: -- type the word knoppix followed by the "cheatcodes" of your choice.
What are "cheatcodes"? They're paramaters you type in order to control the way Knoppix starts. See the file \KNOPPIX\knoppix-cheatcodes.txt on your CD, or press F2 or F3 when you boot Knoppix to see a list (although if you have a German version, that may not help much -- you may need to download an English version).
Also read the \KNOPPIX\KNOPPIX-FAQ-EN.txt file on your CD.
Then, go to the "Docs" link on this website -- that should tell you most of what you need to know!
Thanks,
My problem was more generic than that. I did not set my bios up to load from CD, DUH. of course it would not work. I seem to be ok now.

Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit
$44.99
Renaissance Media Recovery Computer Data Tape Reel TPT Certified 6250 BPI Super
$148.66
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00
Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit Gold
$44.99
Vintage IBM XT 5160 PC Computer 640KB RAM with Expansions (Powers On As Is)
$350.00
Vintage 1977 IBM System/360 Punch Card Program Archive SimSci SSI RPG Mainframe
$449.99
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00