Hi,
I'm having problems trying to recompile kernel 2.4.26 debian way via make-kpkg,
get this error message:
depmod: Can't open /usr/src/linux/debian/tmp-image/lib/modules/extra/modules.dep for writing
I searched around here and saw a similiar post http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...3039&highlight
and tried its suggestions, No Luck, get same error.
Anyway searched in deja news and there are other mentions of this error but they are in french or russian or german. Anyone know a way around this?
I have tried to copy the contents of /lib/modules/extra to the directory in source but apparently make-kpkg clean deletes this directory.
I wonder if this is a result of some change I make in make xconfig. Anyway I really would like to recompile the kernel w/o a lot of extra stuff for my dell inspiron 8600. Hmm is there a way to manualy create modules.dep file for the new config? apparently make dep doesn't make this file in the directory it's looking for.
anyway Help Help etc. etc.

PC Parts Lot Vintage DDR2/DDR3 RAM And GPUs Untested
$25.00
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19
Ast Advantage Adventure 4050D Vintage Retro Computer Great Condition
$199.99
NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e 4GB ATI X1050 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games
$389.00
VINTAGE Apple Quantum ProDrive LT 700MB 3.5" OEM Hard Drive SCSI 50pin Mac
$89.99
Vintage Gray AC Power Cable Cord 3-Prong Plug to 3-Prong 3-Slot Connector
$50.00
Vintage 1980s 1990s Lot of 175 Used PC Computer 5.25" Floppy Disks IBM
$175.00
Vintage Toshiba Libretto 70CT Mini Notebook with Port Replicator and 32MB Memory
$320.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
Vintage: Tandy CM-5 RGB High Resolution Color CRT Monitor 25-1023C
$249.50