Hi,
I'm having problems trying to recompile kernel 2.4.26 debian way via make-kpkg,
get this error message:
depmod: Can't open /usr/src/linux/debian/tmp-image/lib/modules/extra/modules.dep for writing
I searched around here and saw a similiar post http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...3039&highlight
and tried its suggestions, No Luck, get same error.
Anyway searched in deja news and there are other mentions of this error but they are in french or russian or german. Anyone know a way around this?
I have tried to copy the contents of /lib/modules/extra to the directory in source but apparently make-kpkg clean deletes this directory.
I wonder if this is a result of some change I make in make xconfig. Anyway I really would like to recompile the kernel w/o a lot of extra stuff for my dell inspiron 8600. Hmm is there a way to manualy create modules.dep file for the new config? apparently make dep doesn't make this file in the directory it's looking for.
anyway Help Help etc. etc.

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Samsung Galaxy 9.6'' Tablet - E SM-T560NU - Black - 16GB Gray | For Parts
$35.99
Samsung PM43H 43" Commercial Display READ
$300.00
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00
RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99
Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW 20" 1600x900 Resolution WideScreen LCD Monitor
$41.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00