hi all,
I've a problem with my network card which is an 3com ethernet III.
Knoppix 3.1 detect it and I can use internet but with newest releases (like 3.3 or 3.4), it doesn't detect it.
ie:
Knoppix 3.1 ifconfig
Code:
knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$ ifconfig
eth0      Protokoll:Ethernet  Hardware Adresse 00:10:4B:21:B6:DA
          inet Adresse:192.168.1.2  Bcast:192.168.1.255  Maske:255.255.255.0
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:607 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:407 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          Kollisionen:0 Sendewarteschlangenlänge:100
          RX bytes:431411 (421.2 KiB)  TX bytes:47340 (46.2 KiB)
          Interrupt:11 Basisadresse:0x220

lo        Protokoll:Lokale Schleife
          inet Adresse:127.0.0.1  Maske:255.0.0.0
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
          RX packets:6 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:6 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          Kollisionen:0 Sendewarteschlangenlänge:0
          RX bytes:300 (300.0 b)  TX bytes:300 (300.0 b)
knoppix 3.4 :
Code:
djief@DaBox:~$ ifconfig
lo        Lien encap:Boucle locale
          inet adr:127.0.0.1  Masque:255.0.0.0
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
          RX packets:16 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:16 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 lg file transmission:0
          RX bytes:800 (800.0 b)  TX bytes:800 (800.0 b)
I've installed the 3.4 on my hd cause I don't want to do lots of upgrades but I still want to use my netcard. What should I do ?
thanks a lot.