Forogt....
I am using Knoppix 3.4
Okay, I have the Knoppix CD, which allows me to run Knoppix, off of the CD....well, I would like to install it on my hard drive, so i tried to type in both "knx-hdinstall" and "sudo knoppix-install" both of them give me an error saying command not found. (I do that when i hit CTRL+ALT+F1) Could someone please offer some support?
Also, I have to reboot every time i want to get out of the root menu system. Is there a way to get back to the Knoppix Desktop from the root menu, or do I have to reboot my system every time?
Thanks in advance!
Forogt....
I am using Knoppix 3.4
First I would check and make sure that the iso you downloaded is not corrupted you can use the MD5 sum for that, which can also be found on the Knoppix website.
To get back to X from the shell all you have to do is type restartx.
I dont think that it is. First, is there a way to tell? Windows just gave me the blue screen of death last night, and, my friend brought this CD over at 2 AM heh. But, he has installed it on his system before, and everything looks good, and everything else works! Any ideas?
isn't it knx2hd in 3.4?
Im willing to try anything. So ill try it. lol
Hi,
see http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/HdInstallHowTo
and you find the answer
Edgardo
ROCK ON! I have fallen in love with KNOPPIX 3.4 since my HDD failure and i decided to install it on my drive.. but the darn knx-hdinstall wouldn't work. I've tried EVERYTHING (else) folks have suggested .. I was ecstatic to find the knx2hd worked like a charm for me! thanks!!!
You came pretty close when you tried knoppix-install. It's actually knoppix-installer
As you found out though, knx2hd does the same thing.

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14" Laptop Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD
$124.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 3 | Intel I5-1245U | 16GB RAM | 256GB NVMe | W11P | W/AC
$299.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99