Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Please Help!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    5

    Please Help!

    Okay, I have the Knoppix CD, which allows me to run Knoppix, off of the CD....well, I would like to install it on my hard drive, so i tried to type in both "knx-hdinstall" and "sudo knoppix-install" both of them give me an error saying command not found. (I do that when i hit CTRL+ALT+F1) Could someone please offer some support?

    Also, I have to reboot every time i want to get out of the root menu system. Is there a way to get back to the Knoppix Desktop from the root menu, or do I have to reboot my system every time?

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    5
    Forogt....

    I am using Knoppix 3.4

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    17
    First I would check and make sure that the iso you downloaded is not corrupted you can use the MD5 sum for that, which can also be found on the Knoppix website.

    To get back to X from the shell all you have to do is type restartx.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    5
    I dont think that it is. First, is there a way to tell? Windows just gave me the blue screen of death last night, and, my friend brought this CD over at 2 AM heh. But, he has installed it on his system before, and everything looks good, and everything else works! Any ideas?

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    isn't it knx2hd in 3.4?

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    5
    Im willing to try anything. So ill try it. lol

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Viterbo (Italia)
    Posts
    8

    Hdd install

    Hi,

    see http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/HdInstallHowTo

    and you find the answer

    Edgardo

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1
    ROCK ON! I have fallen in love with KNOPPIX 3.4 since my HDD failure and i decided to install it on my drive.. but the darn knx-hdinstall wouldn't work. I've tried EVERYTHING (else) folks have suggested .. I was ecstatic to find the knx2hd worked like a charm for me! thanks!!!

  9. #9
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    27
    You came pretty close when you tried knoppix-install. It's actually knoppix-installer

    As you found out though, knx2hd does the same thing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB DDR5 memory kit, 2x16GB picture

Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB DDR5 memory kit, 2x16GB

$329.99



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.50



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3 picture

32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3

$200.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00



lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY picture

lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY

$89.00