-
Custom LiveCD
Cobra133,
I have the very thing you need! Well, at least I know where you can get it, but same thing, right?
I work with a project called Intellibuild (basically, I document, break things and bug the developers). Intellibuild allows you to easily build a custom LiveCD with only one command, once you've set up the configuration files (I'd be happy to help you do that).
For an in depth description, check out the HOWTO at http://www.freelifeministries.org/ibuild
For you situation, I'm thinking the following:
1) Use the CDRom too boot the machine... hardware detection is Knoppix-style and software is just what you want... exactly the same.
2) Use the hard drive as just one giant swap partition... OR (And this I recommend
make a partition the size of you LiveCD .iso and boot from that instead of requiring a CDROM - bam! - you just saved more money than switching to Geicko.
3) Have LTSP servers and a MOSIX like environment... no hardrive or CDROM needed for this one (I have more info, if you like).
4) Boot your LiveCD over the LAN - again, no hard drive, no CDROM needed - probably the easiest to setup (use a usb key drive, direct cheap floppy drive or PXE on ethernet card to boot)
Just some thoughts. Key is that I (and the iBuild devels) can help you get that LiveCD you're looking for.
So you know... iBuild is based on Morphix, which is a derivative of Knoppix, so inherents all of its strengths (great HW detection) without all of the weaknesses (only on iso an a pain to remaster).
There will soon be a GUI version of iBuild, too. Yippee!
Let me know if you have any questions,
KermitJunior
Similar Threads
-
By petewud01 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-26-2005, 02:14 AM
-
By stuseven in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-07-2005, 04:53 AM
-
By neil c in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-14-2005, 01:00 PM
-
By Ambrose in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 01:50 AM
-
By Trav763 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-10-2003, 07:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$298.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Ubiquiti UniFi Gateway Max UXG-Max
$229.00

Protectli Vault FW4C-0-8-120 - 4 port, Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 128GB
$180.00

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99