Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Now What Have I Done?

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Stanwood Washington
    Posts
    84

    Now What Have I Done?

    I reloded Knoppix 3.3 in beginner mode. Then ran Lilo after modifying Lilo.config.

    Now when I turn on my computer I get
    L 9 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99
    and on, and on, and on...

    Wazzat? and more importently how do I fix it???

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    33

    Re: Now What Have I Done?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang64
    I reloded Knoppix 3.3 in beginner mode. Then ran Lilo after modifying Lilo.config.

    Now when I turn on my computer I get
    L 9 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99
    and on, and on, and on...

    Wazzat? and more importently how do I fix it???
    Did you make a boot disk?
    Are you dual booting?

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Stanwood Washington
    Posts
    84
    Yes I made a boot disk

    Yes I am dual booting to Win ME

    I also have the CD on hand if that is where I need to go...

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    6

    Sounds like FDISK time

    I'm just a newbie myself but ran into the same issue when upgrading to the latest harddrive install. I was extremely happy that it is working with my wireless card. However I got the L 99 99 99 thing as well. Mine was very hard to get restored and I think the only way I got it was by low level formatting the darn drive. It is now working ! I had done a lot of searching to find out how to fix and with dual boot systems it was a matter of just running fdisk. hope that helps.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900
    Don't do anything crazy like reformatting the drive. People are often confused if their bootloader doesn't work but I can assure you it has nothing to do with your operating systems functionality. Just reinstall lilo or better yet make the smart move to grub. You can do either from live cd. Simply mount your / and chroot in.

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...lilo+reinstall

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Stanwood Washington
    Posts
    84
    OK - what does
    Simply mount your / and chroot in.
    mean???

    MAJOR confused noob

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    692
    Don't freak about the strange commands. Follow the link he gave you, and it will give the step by step.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core Ultra 7 270K Plus 24 cores (8 P-cores + 16 E-cores) picture

Intel Core Ultra 7 270K Plus 24 cores (8 P-cores + 16 E-cores)

$269.99



Lenovo Thinkbook 14 inch (256GB, Intel Core i7 8th Gen., 1.80GHz, 8GB) Laptop - picture

Lenovo Thinkbook 14 inch (256GB, Intel Core i7 8th Gen., 1.80GHz, 8GB) Laptop -

$429.99



AMD Ryzen 7 5800XT 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5800XT 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor

$179.99



HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD picture

HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD

$199.95



*Brand New-Factory Sealed* AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 5.6GHz AM5 00-100001973WOF picture

*Brand New-Factory Sealed* AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 5.6GHz AM5 00-100001973WOF

$429.00



Dell - XPS 13.4

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...

$599.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW

$395.00



AMD Ryzen 7 7700 8-Core 3.8GHz Socket AM5 CPU w/ Wraith Cooler 100-100000592BOX picture

AMD Ryzen 7 7700 8-Core 3.8GHz Socket AM5 CPU w/ Wraith Cooler 100-100000592BOX

$135.00



Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW picture

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW

$225.00



Microsoft Surface Pro 7 Plus 12

Microsoft Surface Pro 7 Plus 12" i5-1135g7 8GB 256GB - Very Good

$239.99