Did you make a boot disk?Originally Posted by Mustang64
Are you dual booting?
I reloded Knoppix 3.3 in beginner mode. Then ran Lilo after modifying Lilo.config.
Now when I turn on my computer I get
and on, and on, and on...L 9 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99![]()
Wazzat? and more importently how do I fix it???![]()
![]()
Did you make a boot disk?Originally Posted by Mustang64
Are you dual booting?
Yes I made a boot disk
Yes I am dual booting to Win ME
I also have the CD on hand if that is where I need to go...
I'm just a newbie myself but ran into the same issue when upgrading to the latest harddrive install. I was extremely happy that it is working with my wireless card. However I got the L 99 99 99 thing as well. Mine was very hard to get restored and I think the only way I got it was by low level formatting the darn drive. It is now working ! I had done a lot of searching to find out how to fix and with dual boot systems it was a matter of just running fdisk. hope that helps.
Don't do anything crazy like reformatting the drive. People are often confused if their bootloader doesn't work but I can assure you it has nothing to do with your operating systems functionality. Just reinstall lilo or better yet make the smart move to grub. You can do either from live cd. Simply mount your / and chroot in.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...lilo+reinstall
OK - what doesmean???Simply mount your / and chroot in.![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
MAJOR confused noob![]()
Don't freak about the strange commands. Follow the link he gave you, and it will give the step by step.

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99
Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.26
LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US
$120.73
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00
Promise Pegasus R6 Thunderbolt 2 RAID Storage 6Bay Enclosure G2U
$129.99