Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: knoppix-installer input/output errors

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    4

    knoppix-installer input/output errors

    I haven't used Knoppix in a little while so apologies if I've missed something.

    I run the script, blah, blah, then while it's installing the terminal window I ran it from fills up with errors like:

    cp: reading 'usr/bin/rx': Input/output error

    It says the install goes fine, I reboot and Lilo greets me with 99 99 99 99 99 99...

    I've picked that one but there's a lot of them. It runs from the CD fine.

    There is a potential hardware issue - but I'd rather not explore that until last.

    Thanks for any suggestions!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900

    Re: knoppix-installer input/output errors

    Quote Originally Posted by apoth
    I haven't used Knoppix in a little while so apologies if I've missed something.

    I run the script, blah, blah, then while it's installing the terminal window I ran it from fills up with errors like:

    cp: reading 'usr/bin/rx': Input/output error
    Sounds like a bad cd. Check it with testcd cheatcode. You can boot it again tho and reinstall lilo through chroot. Just search for reinstall lilo and you'll see how.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    4
    I've made another download on a different machine so I'll try that - when it tried running the test it said Input/output error when it tried running md5sum - I tried to dmesg | less and it gave me a 'Bus error'.

Similar Threads

  1. fread input/output error
    By mikesmith36 in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-24-2005, 10:35 AM
  2. Input/output error
    By enlightened_j in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-21-2005, 06:39 PM
  3. bash: /usr/bin/sudo: Input/output error
    By downdogWoof in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-07-2005, 05:27 AM
  4. Input/Output Errors?
    By dark_mage in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-30-2005, 01:29 AM
  5. input output error during install
    By Penumbral in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-20-2004, 07:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM picture

Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM

$17.99



OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236 picture

OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236

$549.99



Lot of 10 Genuine OEM Apple 87W USB-C Power Adapter A1719 for Macbook Pro picture

Lot of 10 Genuine OEM Apple 87W USB-C Power Adapter A1719 for Macbook Pro

$179.99



Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A picture

Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A

$10.99



Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"

$14.24



OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466 picture

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466

$19.99



OEM 45W Charger For Apple MacBook Air 11-inch 13-inch Early 2012 2013 2014 2015 picture

OEM 45W Charger For Apple MacBook Air 11-inch 13-inch Early 2012 2013 2014 2015

$26.98



OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2 picture

OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2

$12.99



apple oem cube 5w charger  picture

apple oem cube 5w charger

$6.99



Genuine OEM Apple 70W USB-C Power Adapter picture

Genuine OEM Apple 70W USB-C Power Adapter

$34.99