Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Now What Have I Done?

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Stanwood Washington
    Posts
    84

    Now What Have I Done?

    I reloded Knoppix 3.3 in beginner mode. Then ran Lilo after modifying Lilo.config.

    Now when I turn on my computer I get
    L 9 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99
    and on, and on, and on...

    Wazzat? and more importently how do I fix it???

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    33

    Re: Now What Have I Done?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang64
    I reloded Knoppix 3.3 in beginner mode. Then ran Lilo after modifying Lilo.config.

    Now when I turn on my computer I get
    L 9 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99
    and on, and on, and on...

    Wazzat? and more importently how do I fix it???
    Did you make a boot disk?
    Are you dual booting?

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Stanwood Washington
    Posts
    84
    Yes I made a boot disk

    Yes I am dual booting to Win ME

    I also have the CD on hand if that is where I need to go...

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    6

    Sounds like FDISK time

    I'm just a newbie myself but ran into the same issue when upgrading to the latest harddrive install. I was extremely happy that it is working with my wireless card. However I got the L 99 99 99 thing as well. Mine was very hard to get restored and I think the only way I got it was by low level formatting the darn drive. It is now working ! I had done a lot of searching to find out how to fix and with dual boot systems it was a matter of just running fdisk. hope that helps.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900
    Don't do anything crazy like reformatting the drive. People are often confused if their bootloader doesn't work but I can assure you it has nothing to do with your operating systems functionality. Just reinstall lilo or better yet make the smart move to grub. You can do either from live cd. Simply mount your / and chroot in.

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...lilo+reinstall

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Stanwood Washington
    Posts
    84
    OK - what does
    Simply mount your / and chroot in.
    mean???

    MAJOR confused noob

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    692
    Don't freak about the strange commands. Follow the link he gave you, and it will give the step by step.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage picture

Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage

$249.00



Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS picture

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS

$228.19



Vintage Personal Accounting & Essential Office 2 CD-ROM PAK For Windows 3.0  picture

Vintage Personal Accounting & Essential Office 2 CD-ROM PAK For Windows 3.0

$114.00



vintage Gateway motherboard, socket 370 1ghz cpu, 256mb ram, cables, power switc picture

vintage Gateway motherboard, socket 370 1ghz cpu, 256mb ram, cables, power switc

$69.99



Amiga Commodore A500  - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage picture

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage

$200.00



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Vintage Intel C3405 white ceramic gold with chip carrier.  Never used working picture

Vintage Intel C3405 white ceramic gold with chip carrier. Never used working

$44.99



Apple IIe Vintage Computer A2S2064  Powers On Apple II Untested For Parts/repair picture

Apple IIe Vintage Computer A2S2064 Powers On Apple II Untested For Parts/repair

$149.99



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99



VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED picture

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED

$500.00