-
Need to transfer files from windows box to var/www on Linux
I use DreamWeaver on my windows XP Home Edition box. I have a Knoppix 3.4 box running on my LAN and the Apache server works great. Knoppix is installed on HDD. I need to know how to setup some kind of system on Knoppix so that I can either FTP or somehow send the files on my xp box to my Linux box, SPECIFICALLY TO THE VAR/WWW FOLDER. I don't know if that means some form of FTP, Samba, etc. I'm not familiar enough with my options to ask the question clearly. Please help. I'm reasonably sure that once I get this figured out and I can Nvu to edit web pages, then I won't need to my Windows box except maybe for moving editing with microsoft movie maker, unless someone has a good alternative. Thank you for your time.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hmmm how would I do this......aha!
Get putty on your winbox. It's an ssh client. ssh into your Knoppix box. Of course you'l need to log in as someone who has write permissions for /var/www and use scp OR you could even boot Knoppix on the winbox, mount the drive that contains the files you want to transfer and still use scp through mc (midnight commander). Piece of cake. 
You could just copy them to any directory on the Linux box and mv them to /var/www as well.
Similar Threads
-
By coquecases in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-28-2005, 10:22 AM
-
By usaramblinman69 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-15-2005, 12:56 PM
-
By lilsirecho in forum Klik
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-17-2005, 08:23 PM
-
By method in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-18-2004, 05:32 PM
-
By furryfren in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-23-2004, 12:22 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99

HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00

Western Digital WD Red 4TB NAS Hard Drive WD40EFRX SATA 64MB 3.5" HDD
$145.00

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99