I have the very same problem and though about the half-duplex issue, too. How can I/we make network cards to run full-duplex?
Hey gang. I got a hdd installed knoppix 3.3 which is dual booted with win98. I've been noticing that under knoppix while web browsing with either konqueror or mozilla, web pages seem to load a lot slower than they do under win98. Then one day while watching the bootup messages whiz by I noticed that knoppix is configuring my lan card at half duplex. Win98 makes it full duplex. That would explain the difference in speed since I'm accessing the internet through a server which is hung on my lan. How can I get knoppix to configure my linksys lan card to full duplex?
Thank you all in advance.
P.S. It occurred to me that I should provide the boot messages in question, so here they are:
eth0: Setting 100mbps half-duplex based on auto-negotiated partner ability 40a1.
eth0: Setting 100mbps half-duplex based on auto-negotiated partner ability 40a1.
I have the very same problem and though about the half-duplex issue, too. How can I/we make network cards to run full-duplex?

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00
(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU
$99.99
INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99
Intel Core i7-14700K Processor (BRAND NEW)
$330.00