Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: mouse 'driver'

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7

    mouse 'driver'

    I have tried to get along with Knoppix and even tho its way cool, the mouse driver doesn't work well at all. I have tried all the settings I can find but its too much like pushing the mouse through mud to make it an enjoyable experience.

    FWIW, its a three button logitech, PS/2

    Is there a driver or equivalent that I can use to make it more customizable?

    Thanks,

    John

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    436
    This forum is for posting tricks and tips, you better search in the hardware-forum.

    Perhaps something like this in your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 -file:
    Code:
    Section "InputDevice"
    	Identifier  "PS/2 Mouse"
    	Driver      "mouse"
    	Option      "Protocol" "auto"
    	Option      "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"
    	Option      "Device" "/dev/psaux"
    	Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
    	Option      "Emulate3Timeout" "70"
    	Option	    "SendCoreEvents"  "true"
    EndSection

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7
    "This forum is for posting tricks and tips, you better search in the hardware-forum."

    So what you suggested is not a tip or a trick???

    I know what forum this is, but hardware has given no answers, that is why I am here.

    However, since you say I don't belong here, I will just leave.. I don't need Knoppix that badly.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    436
    Not the 'whole forum', the subforum 'tips and tricks'.
    It is for pushing tips and tricks, not polling.

    I answered because I didn't want to wait whether you repost your question to 'hardware', and try to answer it there...

    ...and I don't need advertising knoppix...

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    58
    I also had a fit trying to get my 3 button Logitech mouse to work
    well in Knoppix. I added the following to my X86Config-4 file:

    Option "Resolution" "300"

    I use a large monitor at 1280x1024 so you might need to adjust this
    to your own preference. Possibly 200 to 240.

    In the Control Panel, Peripherals, Mouse, I set my mouse to 6 on the speed
    and 4 on the threshhold. On my other machine I use 8 & 4 respectively.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1

    USB Mouse

    Even if this isn't it's place, since you did start the thread on this subject, I have a USB (radio) mouse, A4tech and knoppix 3.6 detects it just fine at boot, but 3.4 does not. How can I make 3.4 see it?

Similar Threads

  1. Adding a mouse driver to a remastered version
    By drasey in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-27-2004, 07:34 PM
  2. Nforce 2 driver/USB driver
    By gecco in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-18-2004, 02:06 PM
  3. Change mouse driver
    By otacon716 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-02-2004, 08:11 PM
  4. how to make my Mouse Systems mouse work with knoppix?
    By clfest in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-30-2003, 01:59 AM
  5. [driver probbs] - Intel PRO/wireless 2110 pcmcia driver.
    By MeglaW in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 04:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Lot of 5 Samsung PM9B1 256GB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe SSD MZVL4256HBJD SSD picture

Lot of 5 Samsung PM9B1 256GB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe SSD MZVL4256HBJD SSD

$200.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



Samsung One Connect Docking Station SOC8002B Black w/ Cable & Power Cord picture

Samsung One Connect Docking Station SOC8002B Black w/ Cable & Power Cord

$400.00



Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1 picture

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1

$60.00



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung  picture

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung

$89.99



NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue picture

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue

$225.77



Samsung 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3-1600 PC3-12800R ECC Reg RDIMM M393B1G73QH0-YK0 picture

Samsung 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3-1600 PC3-12800R ECC Reg RDIMM M393B1G73QH0-YK0

$15.00