I keep on getting "Could not make folder /mnt/sda1/{folder name}." error message. What should I need to do in order to copy file to the external Hard Drive?...
I keep on getting "Could not make folder /mnt/sda1/{folder name}." error message. What should I need to do in order to copy file to the external Hard Drive?...
Hi jch02140,
For security knoppix mounts drives read only.
Assuming you have KDE desktop and boot from CD
then you must click on the drive icon to mount the drive.
Close the window by clicking the X
The desktop will show a green triangle indicating the
drive has been mounted.
Now you must change the read/write mode.
Right click -- for newer versions click on Actions
and then change read/write mode.
Older versions have a slightly different menu but
you should be able to find it.
Helpful hint -- when you post a question please give
a bit more information about your system.
Best Wishes
paradocs
Hi
Sorry about the lack of information... Here is the info and the problem I encounter...
Laptop default system: Windows XP Home Edition
External Harddrive: Western Digital 80GB Hot Swappable HDD
The HDD is mounted but when I have try to gain write access to the external drive by changing the read/write permission on the properties. I also uncheck the "Read only" option... but I still get the same error message.
Hope this information is useful.... :P
Hi jch02140,
Unchecking the box does not work.
It is confusing, I know.
Right click and find the option
to Change Read Write.
One more warning --
ntfs fromat is not supported.
Some experiment with it but
it can cause bad problems.
Have your external drive fromated to FAT32
or use a linux format.
Best Wishes
paradocs
It works now! Thank you so much paradocs.Originally Posted by paradocs
![]()

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99
Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00
2TB Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 7200RPM SATA 6Gbps 64MB Cache 3.5" HDD
$39.95
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate Constellation ES.3 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | ST2000NM0033
$40.00
Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99