Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How-To Update from custom 3.2 Knoppix to 3.4

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Hampshire, USA
    Posts
    2

    How-To Update from custom 3.2 Knoppix to 3.4

    I'm looking for guidence updating my custom CD which is based on Knoppix 3.2... I have made extensive changes to the original but seek to update the detection and kernal...

    Is this as simple as installing the relevent debain pkgs from knopper?

    I will be hacking and wacking this week... hope to hear from someone. I will post results regardless.

    Thanks,
    Jeff

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    8
    I guess it depends on the custom changes you made.
    I assume you just changed config files and not any actual programs?
    So if that's the case then you should be able to
    apt-get update whatever and that will update all your programs.

    BB

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Hampshire, USA
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by brad
    I guess it depends on the custom changes you made.
    I assume you just changed config files and not any actual programs?
    So if that's the case then you should be able to
    apt-get update whatever and that will update all your programs.

    BB
    In addition to countless conf files... I have changed/upgraded/compiled many security related programs. I should have mentioned earlier I started my "re-mastering" efforts with Knoppix-STD 0.1b... I've Updated most all the security related programs that were not current.

    However, I have not modified many "Knoppix" scripts... Just eye candylike:
    - the boot screen (i.e. modified the boot.img)
    - the splash screen
    - the background image
    - the kde menu

    The eye candy is nothing that I couldn't just redo... if needed? It's the other programs I don't want to have to redo... too many. I'd be better off rebuilding on 3.4

    Thanks for you speedy feedback...
    Jeff

Similar Threads

  1. Custom Install Knoppix 3.7
    By hal8000 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-21-2005, 08:39 PM
  2. Custom version of Knoppix...
    By cobrajs in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-21-2004, 04:01 PM
  3. Need custom knoppix CD building
    By andrewtayloruk in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-29-2004, 07:05 PM
  4. Custom Knoppix from Model-k
    By gizmu in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-20-2003, 12:04 AM
  5. custom kernel / ash-knoppix
    By jtally in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-28-2003, 05:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch picture

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch

$115.00



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99