-
knoppix 3.4 5/17/2004 kernel recompile error
Hi,
I'm having problems trying to recompile kernel 2.4.26 debian way via make-kpkg,
get this error message:
depmod: Can't open /usr/src/linux/debian/tmp-image/lib/modules/extra/modules.dep for writing
I searched around here and saw a similiar post http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...3039&highlight
and tried its suggestions, No Luck, get same error.
Anyway searched in deja news and there are other mentions of this error but they are in french or russian or german. Anyone know a way around this?
I have tried to copy the contents of /lib/modules/extra to the directory in source but apparently make-kpkg clean deletes this directory.
I wonder if this is a result of some change I make in make xconfig. Anyway I really would like to recompile the kernel w/o a lot of extra stuff for my dell inspiron 8600. Hmm is there a way to manualy create modules.dep file for the new config? apparently make dep doesn't make this file in the directory it's looking for.
anyway Help Help etc. etc.
Similar Threads
-
By chris-ukl in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-30-2005, 11:04 AM
-
By keyvisuals in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-17-2004, 04:38 PM
-
By tmp001 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-28-2004, 11:48 AM
-
By BoopaMagal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-24-2004, 12:03 PM
-
By Vermyndax in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-05-2003, 04:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Lot of 88GB (22x4GB) ADVANTECH 1RX16 DDR4 PC4-2400U AQD-D4U4GN24-HP MEMORY RAM
$286.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Samsung M393A2K43DB3 16GB (1x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz M393A2K43DB3
$89.99

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00

Team Group T-Force Vulcan 32GB (2x16GB) TLZGD416G3200HC16FBK - Tested
$149.95