Do you have sufficient ram? I.e. at least 96MB.
Hey guys,
Completely new to the board, and to linux. I've installed the latest version of knoppix on my pc, and it's great, except for one problem.
Sometimes when I turn it on, I can log into the GUI system, and other times it is a text based (non-gui) system. It's about 50-50 at the minute. But lately, it's been more frequent that I'm getting non-gui.
I suspect gfx drivers at some level.
Does this problem seem familiar to anyone? Anyone know how I'd fix it?
Some details that may help from linux startup screen:
video is VOODOO BANSHEE, using XFREE86(tdfx) SERVER
processor is AMD k6 3d 500
There's also a line: INIT: Entering runlevel: 5
It does say that it's starting the kdm desktop manager, but then it just allows me to login via the non-gui interface.
If there's any more info you need, then let me know. Also, if it involves using commands in linux, could you let me know what commands I need to run to get the necessary info.
Cheers,
Jambo
Do you have sufficient ram? I.e. at least 96MB.
I have 128mb RAM. It seems to be working again now. I don't know what the problem was. I'll just keep an eye on it.
Cheers,
Jambo

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00
EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00