-
NEED HELP! Dual Monitors With One Big Desktop. Not a clone
Hello, I have a Gainward Ti4600 video card. One of the great features is the use of dual monitors with a large desktop, spaning from one to another, which work great in XP Pro, But I am trying to get away from windows and I want all my toyz to work. I am a multimedia freak, Use graphic programs, build web pages. use my Leadtek TV card which works great in Knoppix. I like to do work and watch my Divx and Xvid movies. Chat.......ect. So as you can see, I am a multi-tasker and once you get used to multiple monitors with a large drag and drop desktop. you don't wanna go back. Even two seperate Desktops would be great if possible. (ok enough, now to the problem)
If anyone can help I would appreciate it. I am still learning how to use this operating system and have trouble installing tars and using commands, but I am learning. So I may need detailed help.
Currently, I have both (different size monitors) monitors working but they are clones. The 2nd monitor is dark but working. I run from the knoppix 3.4 CD. I save my congif files to a zip drive. I run dual 1.666 MP/asus mobo , 2 gig ram. I have been reading the posts on the knoppix site and google for a couple months trying to find my answer. Only thing I found that MAY help is xinerama. But I am lost because of my inexperience. Anyone got any idea's ? Thanks in advance, this forum is great, and Knoppix ROCKS !!!!!!!
_X_
Similar Threads
-
By indiandude514 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-20-2005, 01:37 PM
-
By robwelch100 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-02-2005, 02:48 AM
-
By Zer0th in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 05:01 AM
-
By tommydl in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-29-2004, 08:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99