-
Senior Member
registered user
I'm guessing that some spammer detected you on line as knoppix@ youraddress.net & added you to his list of functional addresses. Short of using a firewall, not much you could have done to prevent it. This is not a Knoppix problem , just an internet user problem.
I had a similar, someone started sending me spam in Russian, I think they got the address from me contacting a Linux message board. I traced the source to Montevideo but that was all I could do. I reported it to my ISP, asked them to handle it & it stopped.
Similar Threads
-
By eccythump in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-21-2005, 09:03 PM
-
By ICPUG in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 06:16 PM
-
By msmith in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-05-2003, 10:39 PM
-
By Mary in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-04-2003, 02:46 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99