Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: HDA1 won't mount

  1. #1

    HDA1 won't mount

    I tried using Knoppix 3.4 to clean up a trojaned Windows ME installation. I have used Knoppix before, I have succesfully removed files after mounting the disk read/write (both FAT32 and NTFS).

    This time, the disk (80 gigabyte) wouldn't mount -- the error message said something about an unsupported file system.

    More info: I extracted the hard disk from the infected PC and installed it in a working Windows 2000 system. The disk mounted, but appeared nearly blank. Only msdos.sys, io.sys and a couple other files were present (yes, Windows 2000 was set to show all files, even hidden and system files).

    Finally, I put the infected disk back in its own system, and booted that PC off an old Windows 98 startup floppy I dug up. Now, finally, I could see all the files on the hard disk (and delete the hard to remove trojan).

    Anyone know why I couldn't see the contents of this FAT32 disk under Knoppix or Win2K?

    Thanks, Jim

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9
    I have yet to find a Linux that mounts my 120 GB disk, but I think it's my fault. Back in the Windows days I wanted to add a second drive to go along with my original 20 GB hard disk, and like a fool, made the very n00b mistake of making it all one big 120 gig partition. One of these days I will get around to repartitioning it, but I think Linux just doesn't like partitions that big--or at least, I don't know how to get them to mount them. I assume Windows sees it all, but I only have 30 gigs on it at this point.

Similar Threads

  1. Can't Mount hda1 from my network
    By Skaster in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-05-2005, 09:04 PM
  2. KNOPPIX on hda1
    By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-04-2004, 04:29 AM
  3. KNOPPIX on hda1?
    By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-04-2004, 04:26 AM
  4. Poor man install dont mount /mnt/hda1 correctly
    By rodrigo_tomita in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-14-2003, 12:49 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-28-2003, 08:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord picture

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord

$49.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$16.41



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



Brocade ICX6450-24 24-Port Gigabit Ethernet Network Switch W/ Ears picture

Brocade ICX6450-24 24-Port Gigabit Ethernet Network Switch W/ Ears

$74.99