Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Vitrual PC and Knoppix

  1. #1

    Vitrual PC and Knoppix

    I am trying to install Knoppix from live CD to Virtual PC, had not had any success. I boot with the CD in Virtual PC then I run the command KNX2HD, it goes in to install then stops and says HDD is read only can not write.

    I am new to Linux, anyone have any ideas how can I install knoppix on Virtual PC.

    Thanks

    MasterCheef

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    37

    Re: Vitrual PC and Knoppix

    Quote Originally Posted by mastercheef86
    I am trying to install Knoppix from live CD to Virtual PC, had not had any success. I boot with the CD in Virtual PC then I run the command KNX2HD, it goes in to install then stops and says HDD is read only can not write.

    I am new to Linux, anyone have any ideas how can I install knoppix on Virtual PC.

    Thanks

    MasterCheef
    I would go for vmware.
    http://www.vmware.com/
    You can get a 30 day trial version.

    You might also have a look at the knoppix emulated faq
    http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqKnoppixEmu

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$95.20



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Intel S2600TP 4-Node 32 Core Server 8x Xeon E5-2630 v3, 256GB DDR4 RAM, 2x 1600W picture

Intel S2600TP 4-Node 32 Core Server 8x Xeon E5-2630 v3, 256GB DDR4 RAM, 2x 1600W

$1685.00



HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES

$21.08



Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R picture

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R

$399.00



Intel S2600TP 4-Node 64 Core Server 8x Xeon E5-2620 v4, 256GB DDR4 RAM, 2x 1600W picture

Intel S2600TP 4-Node 64 Core Server 8x Xeon E5-2620 v4, 256GB DDR4 RAM, 2x 1600W

$1785.00



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08