-
Newbie question: Determinig X-server version?
Hello reader!
I'm a hard-core Window$ user that just turned to the "good side" of the force.
I have one simple question that I believe you hard-core Linux users should be able to help me out with:
How do I determine what version of XFree86 I run?
I've looked at the manuals, FAQs etc at XFree86's homepage but I can't find it.
Any ideas?
Appreciate you taking the time to read my post.
Thanx!
/Freddy
-
Senior Member
registered user
At the bash prompt, type: XFree86 -version.
-

Originally Posted by
eco2geek
At the bash prompt, type: XFree86 -version.
Thank you very much!
Works like a charm!
Similar Threads
-
By IsaacKuo in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 04:05 PM
-
By jcchains in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-03-2003, 06:16 AM
-
By asinkecualo in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-24-2003, 11:31 PM
-
By Drago in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
-
By jforbes in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-04-2003, 06:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

32GB KIT - 2x SK Hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 SODIMM Laptop Memory RAM
$99.99

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Crucial Laptop Ram 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CT16G4SFRA32A
$119.99

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$43.00