Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: I downloaded knoppix, burned but when i boot up, it shows...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6

    I downloaded knoppix, burned but when i boot up, it shows...

    I downloaded knoppix, burned but when I boot up, it shows the command prompt and the thing that says press enter to load knoppix, I press that and the screen goes blank did I do something wrong (btw I'm on a desktop)

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Try some cheatcodes.
    Example at the Boot prompt: knoppix screen=1280x1024 xmodule=ati vsync=60
    You have to choose the cheatcodes according to your hardware.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6
    So if i have the nvidia GeForce2 MX 200, I would type knoppix screen=800x600 xmodule=nvidia vsync=60 ???

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    I think it's called xmodule=nv. BTW it was just an example, you probably don't need vsync=60.
    You could start with: knoppix failsafe just to see if it'll boot. Then start experimenting with the right cheatcodes for your computer. Could be that you need framebuffering which would then be: fb1280x1024 or fb1024x768 or fb800x600, or try vga=normal.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6
    I tried : knoppix failsafe , it didn't work, what should I do ?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Hmm, you could have a bad burn. Try knoppix testcd to see if it reports any errors.
    If you still have the iso file you could check the md5sum http://www.linuxiso.org/viewdoc.php/verifyiso.html

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6
    the thing is I did knoppix testcd, and ithe screen turned blank, does this mean I burned or downloaded it bad ?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Not necessarily, but it might so you could also check the md5sum and burn at a slowish speed, say 4x.
    You still need to find the right set of cheatcodes if it isn't the cd, though it might take a while trying out different combinations.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6
    how would you do the thing with the md5sum?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    How about following the link for md5sum I posted earlier.
    I hope you also noticed that the word "cheatcodes" in my first post is a link.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I burned the ISO to CD,when boot from the CD ,but failed?
    By normalnotebook in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-30-2005, 12:45 AM
  2. Downloaded and made my own boot disk but did i do it right?
    By delricardo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-20-2005, 01:08 AM
  3. Monitor only shows static after boot.
    By tjs774 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-21-2005, 08:35 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-30-2004, 03:21 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-28-2004, 12:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Used PC Corsair Vengeance Intel i7-4770 3.40GHz 16GB DDR3 Gtx 1050 Ti Msi picture

Used PC Corsair Vengeance Intel i7-4770 3.40GHz 16GB DDR3 Gtx 1050 Ti Msi

$135.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested picture

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested

$35.00



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor

$62.95



Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW picture

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW

$94.99



Intel Core i7-12700 12 Core X208K805 LGA 1700 AS IS picture

Intel Core i7-12700 12 Core X208K805 LGA 1700 AS IS

$99.99



Intel Core i5-12400 CPU 2.50GHz 6-Core 12-thread SRL5Y LGA 1700 picture

Intel Core i5-12400 CPU 2.50GHz 6-Core 12-thread SRL5Y LGA 1700

$121.99