Try some cheatcodes.
Example at the Boot prompt: knoppix screen=1280x1024 xmodule=ati vsync=60
You have to choose the cheatcodes according to your hardware.
I downloaded knoppix, burned but when I boot up, it shows the command prompt and the thing that says press enter to load knoppix, I press that and the screen goes blank did I do something wrong (btw I'm on a desktop)
Try some cheatcodes.
Example at the Boot prompt: knoppix screen=1280x1024 xmodule=ati vsync=60
You have to choose the cheatcodes according to your hardware.
So if i have the nvidia GeForce2 MX 200, I would type knoppix screen=800x600 xmodule=nvidia vsync=60 ???
I think it's called xmodule=nv. BTW it was just an example, you probably don't need vsync=60.
You could start with: knoppix failsafe just to see if it'll boot. Then start experimenting with the right cheatcodes for your computer. Could be that you need framebuffering which would then be: fb1280x1024 or fb1024x768 or fb800x600, or try vga=normal.
I tried : knoppix failsafe , it didn't work, what should I do ?
Hmm, you could have a bad burn. Try knoppix testcd to see if it reports any errors.
If you still have the iso file you could check the md5sum http://www.linuxiso.org/viewdoc.php/verifyiso.html
the thing is I did knoppix testcd, and ithe screen turned blank, does this mean I burned or downloaded it bad ?
Not necessarily, but it might so you could also check the md5sum and burn at a slowish speed, say 4x.
You still need to find the right set of cheatcodes if it isn't the cd, though it might take a while trying out different combinations.
how would you do the thing with the md5sum?
How about following the link for md5sum I posted earlier.
I hope you also noticed that the word "cheatcodes" in my first post is a link.

76 Vintage 3.5" Floppy Disks NON-WORKING Retro Computer Props Craft Art Lot
$19.99
Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$325.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8
$34.95
Vintage Emagic Logic 5 / Logic Audio 4.0 Studio Software Box Manuals Serial
$89.99
VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC
$24.95
Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37
Vintage RARE Gigabyte GA-5AA Socket 7 Motherboard AMD K6-2 400mhz BOOTS TO BIOS
$224.99