-
DCHP problem (only while using K3.4)!
I got Knoppix3.4 up and running on my desktop in no-time. But the problems started when I wanted to use it on my laptop: Toshiba Satellite pro4600. I will list my problems beginning with my primary problem (DHCPnetworking problem).
Netwronking
- DHCP-broadcast doesnt seem to work on my laptop (I started knoppix26)! If I run ifconfig I only see the local loopback. I want to connect to the internet by dynamically receive an IP from either a NAT or a DHCPserver (which works fine with my Desktop and K3.4). any ideas what is wrong here?
During startup:
- after the:
ACPI Bios found, activating modules: ac battery button fan processor thermal
it just stops loading. I solved this by using the knoppix26 chat-code. Does anyone have an idea what the problem with the normal kernel is?
- When I use my USB-pendrive it just stops loading after:
Scanning for harddisk partitions and creating /etc/fstab...
. No solutions found yet...
Old version 3.3
My first linux contact was with Knoppix3.3 and it worked GREAT on both machines but I never found out how to get the correct screen resolution for my laptop, without having to use the cheatcode: "xmodule=fbdev fb1024x768" so a tip on that one would be nice aswell!
I tried the screen resolution option within the configuration-panel of KDE. It worked when I stored my configuration files on a floppy, but it would not when I stored my config on the same drive as my homedir (the rest of the config stayed though).
A LOT of questions I know... but I'm eager to learn and maybe help some noobs when I master this great O.S. so if anyone can solve my DHCP problem I would b really grateful!
Wimmel, the linux N00B but certainly a Linux FAN!
P.S. Excuse my bad English!
Similar Threads
-
By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-15-2003, 10:19 AM
-
By Triple Six in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-15-2003, 04:23 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00

Intel Core Ultra 5 235T SRQES CPU Processor Excellent Used Condition
$88.00

Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor
$259.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99