-
DCHP problem (only while using K3.4)!
I got Knoppix3.4 up and running on my desktop in no-time. But the problems started when I wanted to use it on my laptop: Toshiba Satellite pro4600. I will list my problems beginning with my primary problem (DHCPnetworking problem).
Netwronking
- DHCP-broadcast doesnt seem to work on my laptop (I started knoppix26)! If I run ifconfig I only see the local loopback. I want to connect to the internet by dynamically receive an IP from either a NAT or a DHCPserver (which works fine with my Desktop and K3.4). any ideas what is wrong here?
During startup:
- after the:
ACPI Bios found, activating modules: ac battery button fan processor thermal
it just stops loading. I solved this by using the knoppix26 chat-code. Does anyone have an idea what the problem with the normal kernel is?
- When I use my USB-pendrive it just stops loading after:
Scanning for harddisk partitions and creating /etc/fstab...
. No solutions found yet...
Old version 3.3
My first linux contact was with Knoppix3.3 and it worked GREAT on both machines but I never found out how to get the correct screen resolution for my laptop, without having to use the cheatcode: "xmodule=fbdev fb1024x768" so a tip on that one would be nice aswell!
I tried the screen resolution option within the configuration-panel of KDE. It worked when I stored my configuration files on a floppy, but it would not when I stored my config on the same drive as my homedir (the rest of the config stayed though).
A LOT of questions I know... but I'm eager to learn and maybe help some noobs when I master this great O.S. so if anyone can solve my DHCP problem I would b really grateful!
Wimmel, the linux N00B but certainly a Linux FAN!
P.S. Excuse my bad English!
Similar Threads
-
By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-15-2003, 10:19 AM
-
By Triple Six in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-15-2003, 04:23 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Western Digital Blue (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 64MB Cache) 1TB HDD
$19.90

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Hitachi Ultrastar 3TB 7200RPM 3.5in SATA III 6Gb/s - enterprise-grade hard drive
$49.00

Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s
$59.00

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99

HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00