Hi reader!
I'm experiencing a strange behaviour from my X-server (i guess).
The thing is this:
When my Knoppix hdd installation boots up, it gives me the login screen for X. So far so good.
I login as usual and fire up a shell and issue the "last -i" command which gives me a list of the last users who logged on etc.. you know the drill.
What puzzles me is that it reports a strange IP-number for my account.
First I thought I've been hacked (maybee I have, who knows) but after doing some general trial-and-error I'm not so sure any more.
I made a ping to the ip-number, no reply ( could be FW blocking)
I made a traceroute (same as before, FW maybee blocking)
I made an nslookup and found a strange DSL-connection from somewhere.
But when I restarted my computer and logged on again, I got the same ip-number showing up in my list when I did "last -i". Ok, one time is not a pattern so I tried again. Same thing.
Two times is still no pattern. Third time, same thing again. "last -i" command reports the same IP-number when I log in from the X logon screen. Not when I do it from console only without X.
Does anyone have any clue to why this is?
Has anyone else seen this happening?
Also, when I did a ps -ax to see the process of the login, I tried to kill it and my X session died so I'm sure it's the X that reports this strange behaviour.
I'm running Knoppix 3.4 (unstable sid debian or something) maybee it's an "unstable" thing?
Greatfull for any thoughts.

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$14.99
PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99
INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Desktop Processor (3.7GHz, 6 Cores, AM4 CPU) 100-100000065
$125.00
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99
Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151
$39.99
HP ProDesk 405 G8 Desktop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650GE 16GB RAM 512GB SSD W11P
$319.99
GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4
$229.95