-
Viewing and reading Windows NTFS Drives?
Well, I just installed Knoppix to my hd.
1. Before I installed, booting from the CD, I could see and execute certain files such as mp3, and anything that is recognized by knoppix on windows drives. But after I installed it to hd, via debian old installer way(before, I tried the knoppix cd way which still recognized the drives and files in it), files:/mnt/hda1 and hda5 is empty. They are my C and D drive for Windows. They are NTFS. I know the files are there because I still boot into windows XP. However, is there someway of getting knoppix/debian to recognize it, and have it in read only mode, so I cannot wipe any valuable information?
2. What software for debian would be great for .WMV and .WMA multimedia formats?
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By sladetf in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-24-2005, 09:05 PM
-
By enraged in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-06-2004, 05:27 AM
-
By icarus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-07-2003, 01:46 PM
-
By tyiooo in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 05:25 AM
-
By eliashan in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-14-2003, 08:52 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$12.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01