-
Entering mounted NTFS in GUI-launched apps
Hi folks,
I had a Win XP crash and am loving Knoppix and how I can see all of my precious files in the root shell window after mounting the NTFS partition without a hitch. My problem, that I'm hoping some kind person can help with, is that I can't enter the mounted directory in applications launched from the GUI, which I want to do to get a good survey of my files, directory sizes, etc., and to get some CD-burning going on. Permissions show as having read access, but this seems to be something else. If I click on the partition from the desktop, for instance, I get "Cannot enter /mnt/win32" but if I check properties, permissions show read access for user, group, and others. If I open a picture with gimp or an mp3 with audacity from the shell prompt, I can subsequently navigate the files in the open dialog box, but if I launch the app from the GUI, I cannot enter it as if I don't have permission. Any ideas?
Grateful in advance,
Foobius
Similar Threads
-
By sladetf in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-24-2005, 09:05 PM
-
By enraged in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-06-2004, 05:27 AM
-
By icarus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-07-2003, 01:46 PM
-
By tyiooo in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 05:25 AM
-
By eliashan in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-14-2003, 08:52 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Evergreen 586 - Processor upgrade 486 to 586
$149.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99

(LOT OF 12) Intel Core i5-9500 CPU 3.00GHz Desktop Processor (SRF4B)
$575.00