Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Vitrual PC and Knoppix

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Vitrual PC and Knoppix

    I am trying to install Knoppix from live CD to Virtual PC, had not had any success. I boot with the CD in Virtual PC then I run the command KNX2HD, it goes in to install then stops and says HDD is read only can not write.

    I am new to Linux, anyone have any ideas how can I install knoppix on Virtual PC.

    Thanks

    MasterCheef

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    37

    Re: Vitrual PC and Knoppix

    Quote Originally Posted by mastercheef86
    I am trying to install Knoppix from live CD to Virtual PC, had not had any success. I boot with the CD in Virtual PC then I run the command KNX2HD, it goes in to install then stops and says HDD is read only can not write.

    I am new to Linux, anyone have any ideas how can I install knoppix on Virtual PC.

    Thanks

    MasterCheef
    I would go for vmware.
    http://www.vmware.com/
    You can get a 30 day trial version.

    You might also have a look at the knoppix emulated faq
    http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqKnoppixEmu

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$239.99



Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14" 16GB 512GB, Black

$290.24



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$319.99



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$374.99



Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black

$313.00



Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11

$329.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T480s | i5-8350U | 256GB NVMe | 8GB RAM | W11 Pro | W/AC Adapter picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T480s | i5-8350U | 256GB NVMe | 8GB RAM | W11 Pro | W/AC Adapter

$169.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11

$229.99