-
Knoppix won't boot
Hey, I downloaded Knoppix from a Dutch ftp, but the downloaded filo isn’t a iso, but a rar file. Now I've extracted the rar file and burned all the lose files and directory's on a cdr. But when I reboot my pc it doesn’t recognize the cd ( I've got the cd rom player as first boot device) and just starts up windows.
I’ve read the faq and cant find anything I’ve done wrong
Grtz, Bas Postma from the Netherlands
-
Unfortunately I have no idea how to convert the .rar to .iso. Seems like winrar took over the fileassociation for iso and decides to convert them all to rars. I think the only solution for you is to download again, this time right-clicking the file and choosing "Save link target as"...
You might as well remove the iso file association for winrar just to be sure.
-
Senior Member
registered user
just rename the file to ISO again and burn it as an IMAGE. should work. if not im confused.
-
Had the Same Problem
Winrar goes ahead and extracts the files in the iso so you can see whats in it. All you have to do is burn the entire winrar file as an image and you're good to go.
-
Oips, sorry for giving wrong info there. I thought winrar compacted the file somehow...
Similar Threads
-
By doesnotcompute in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-01-2005, 07:29 PM
-
By helios17 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
-
By ebone in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-16-2003, 02:26 AM
-
By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM
-
By Dan_Netwalker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-23-2003, 01:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14� HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14� FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 1 i5-10310U 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$222.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14� Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99

Lenovo IdeaPad Flex-14API Laptop 14" AMD RYZEN 7 [email protected] 12GB RAM 512GB SSD
$220.15