Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Failsafe and 2.6 work

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    1

    Failsafe and 2.6 work

    I downloaded the Knoppix CD and it works perfect on my desktop... The problem I'm having is with a compaq presario r3000... It will run in failsafe and will run with I use the knoppix26. When I run knoppix26 I cannot get the touchpoint mouse to work but it will work in failsafe mode. When I try to run knoppix alone the screen goes blank and it locks up on me... Any suggestions? Also, I have a broadcomm wireless 54g modem built into the system, does anyone know where I can get a driver that will work with it?


    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2
    I also have a laptop so I may be of help. When booting up under the 2.6 kernel, try moving your finger around on the touchpad for about ten seconds and then the cursor should begin to move. That worked on my computer. The broadcom 54g chip is squirrely under linux. Try the ndiswrapper http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/



    Glad I could help! (-:

Similar Threads

  1. Trouble connecting to the internet while using failsafe
    By SwirlingVenom in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-27-2005, 11:22 AM
  2. What do you do when failsafe or testcd won't even boot?
    By Drax946 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-29-2005, 08:40 PM
  3. Failsafe install for v3.7
    By kimh in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-13-2004, 07:52 PM
  4. USB With Failsafe Boot
    By End_User in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-08-2004, 01:34 PM
  5. failsafe mode
    By twmspro in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-01-2004, 01:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



20TB 7200 RPM SATA III Internal 3.5

20TB 7200 RPM SATA III Internal 3.5" White Label Hard drive

$349.99



HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD picture

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$41.00



Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s

$55.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD

$339.00



Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5

Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033

$125.00



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95