-
bash: fsck: command not found
My PC is running Knoppix 2.78 and for some reason the file system has errors on it. It tells me to mount the hdd read-write, so I do so, then it says "run fsck" so I do so, and it tells me "bash: fsck: command not found".
What am I going to do? Someone please help me...
-
Re: bash: fsck: command not found

Originally Posted by
chrls
My PC is running Knoppix 2.78 and for some reason the file system has errors on it. It tells me to mount the hdd read-write, so I do so, then it says "run fsck" so I do so, and it tells me "bash: fsck: command not found".
What am I going to do? Someone please help me...
When does it say to mount hdd read-write (Sure it don't ask you to mount it read only?)
You don't give mutch info on your problem!
A quick solution is to use a knoppix cd to boot from and then do: su fsck /dev/hdd
-
Nevermind, I fixed it.
I used /sbin/fsck <filesystem> to fix it.
Similar Threads
-
By alvey in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 16
Last Post: 01-10-2007, 02:02 AM
-
By sawik in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-27-2004, 09:58 PM
-
By jaykay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-08-2004, 01:29 PM
-
By zavec in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 03:28 AM
-
By Leon in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-06-2003, 01:00 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99