Hi,
I'm having problem with my KNOPPIX(newest ver 3.4) installation on the HDD.
I first tried to install on the windows me hard-disk and i got to live and started to install but it said at the beginning OPENED DISK READ-ONLY - YOU HAVE NO PERMISSION TO WRITE. Well i cleaned the whole hard-disk and now there is nuthing on the hard-disk, but now i get also No DOS Partition to create swap file error.
Then i tried to install to my second hard-disk(i put the cables in places and started the computer). Second hard-disk had red hat in it. I got again in knoppix live and started to install...the install was going just fine and i got to configure install and started it, but then it said alot of error messages. Next i formatted the whole hard-disk AGAIN, but it didn't help.
I have now tried to create partitions of linux and linux swap. I also have tried to add third partition with fat12/16/32 file system, but nuthing has helped. I have also tried to create dos partition with my dos boot disks, but it doesnt help.
So what am i doing wrong?
So now i have no file systems in my two hard-disks and none of those work. I have tried to run "sudo knoppix-installer", but it says always "OPENED DISK READ-ONLY - YOU HAVE NO PERMISSION TO WRITE".
I thought that i had permission to install to hard-disk if i clean the whole system and start from the clean system, but no i can't install.
My computer is PENTIUM 2 266MHZ AND IT HAS 64MB SDRAM.
ps. now i can't even get to graphical interface of the knoppix, so i need to use command line
Yea...i have checked that linked last week, but now i got knoppix up and running.
Thanks anyway.
You guys should add text to manual what kind of partition should users do. There is none of messages or manuals about what and how many partitions should user make with qparted.
Actually, there is. <u>Hd Install How To</u>.Originally Posted by ghetto_blaster
![]()
heh. Maybe i should use my eyes. :P

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99
Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S
$660.00