-
Connect to Internet, but, goes nowhere
Hello,
I am fairly new to linux, and very new to knoppix. I did a hd install and love it. I have an external conexant modem, I hooked it up last night, and everything worked perfectly. My mom went to connect this morning (she is visiting, and is impressed with knoppix) and it connected. She went into her yahoo mail, clicked on a message, and a window came up and asked her to save the link or open it in XMMS (she didn't know what XMMS was) but, she opened it using xmms. It freaked her out because nothing was happening, then decided to close the window. She then tried to go back online. This is where I came in, she told me what happened, I rebooted the computer, and logged back online, it connected just fine. Now, I can't go anywhere on the internet, no ping, no webpages, no email. What happened and how do I fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated 
Thanks,
Brad
Similar Threads
-
By simplyskate in forum Networking
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-28-2005, 06:45 PM
-
By linukas in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-16-2005, 10:13 AM
-
By sunpascal in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-02-2004, 02:08 PM
-
By jselman in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-02-2003, 12:33 AM
-
By THiM in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-19-2003, 07:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Creative Sound Blaster AWE64 Gold CT4390 ISA Sound Card - UNTESTED
$225.00

Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99

VINTAGE Custom Built Desktop-AMD [email protected] 8GB RAM 80GB HDD NO OS-READ
$160.00

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99

Microsoft Elite White Natural Keyboard Vintage ps/2 and usb A11-00337
$80.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

VINTAGE Antec Sonata LS-138 Quiet PC Case FACTORY SEALED New In Box Piano Black
$225.00

Early Intel 3301 White Cap Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$750.00

Vintage Iwill XA100 Plus Super Socket 7 Motherboard + K6-III 450 + 896mb READ
$179.99

Microsoft Intellimouse Vintage with Box and Manual Part 98268 Open Box
$29.99